Wednesday 28 October 2009

Photoshoot pics

I was so gutted about missing the final week and the crit on Friday due to being ill- i felt stuck because i dont have Maya or Photoshop at home and i wasnt allowed out to do my photoshoot properly ( the photos on here already were taken the first day i was ill- in the cold!!!) But, yesterday Farideh and I went off to the woods at Bluebell Hill to take some more photos :)

These are some of the many photos which i would like to try out using for my Final Piece...





I'm not the most photogenic of people but i do really like this pic! However, even though it captured the atmosphere i was aiming for, it will be difficult for me to incorporate the metamorphosis theme and portray the meanings i want.












I particularly liked this pose because even though i want the meaning to capture freedom and transformation of my character, im peering out, still being cautious and still shy.













I could create the Corpse Bride effect with this and the previous photo.














This also gives the impression that i still need something to lean on and stability even after being free. I like the way im centred and the focus of the image but theres also a lovely background with the tunnel of trees. Dont think I'm going to use this image as a final piece because adding butterfly wings or images will destroy the essence of the original.








This was a completely natural pose which is why i think this is very effective- the way im holding my dress- i didnt even realise i was doing this til i saw the photos, so i feel like this captures the real me. Its as if im walking along free, but my head is slightly naturally looking down showing that i am thinking and havent just got my head in the clouds. i was thinking about layering butterfly wings and feathering them, getting bigger and bigger- symbolising the process of becoming free and capturing the image of metamorphosis. i dont however, want the wings to take the focus away from the nature and completely cover me.









ok, so not a great photo, but i wanted a close-up of my face to add butterflies on- almost as if they have been projected or naturally there.








I just like the way the light makes the image look almost magical. the pose itself is me holding on to a tree branch showing that im not ready to spread my wings entrirely at the moment. im also sort of peering, like im looking into the future or waiting for something.

No comments:

Post a Comment