ok, well as mentioned in my last post, I am going to go with the theme of Metamorphosis for my Final piece. i studied the concept of this in GCSE Classics so i am familiar with it and found it interesting. When i thought of this title, i remembered the word, metamorphosis cropping up when searching for my tattoo design- butterflies and this was also the most popular result when i typed it into search engines. The Metamorphosis of a butterfly is said to be very significant and beautiful. It's also a symbol of new beginnings and finding freedom. i really like this idea of being free :). Phil also suggested metamorphosis/tranformation to express the then and now ideas i mentioned in my earlier personal post. This lead me to coming up with a good few ideas, which got stronger and i will develop further!!
- Tim Burton's Corpse Bride- turning into butterflies ( clip to come in a new post)
- Photograph myself and morph myself into a butterfly, ready to fly free.
- wings of a butterfly- outline- in each wing, add images of before and after my 'issues'- show how i have tranformed and morphed my life rather than physically. (Fade the images though so they'e not dominating the portrait and making it look messy)
- series of photos- starting with myself huddled up, portraying the shy, fearful, anxious me, gradually spread out and get more confident- end image being me with arms spread wide- tie material to wrists so when spread, form the wings of a butterfly- could photoshop this in.
- project butterfly images onto me or just my face and photograph- not sure this will work in relation to my identity, but will have a go!
- simple drawn image of me- trailing butterflies in the background.
there's some ideas, at first i was unsure about the whole butterfly idea, but i realised that it was symbolic of me!