so, to begin the project, i thought it would be best to write some basic notes on the key terms for reference, so i dont make the mistake of forgetting the whole point in the project like last time.
online dictionary definition: 'A scene presented on stage by contumed actors who remain silent and motionless as if in a picture.'
- 'a picture' formed by living people caught in static attitudes
- combines the art forms of theatre with painting and also photography
- defined by theire motionlessness, tableaux vivants convey meaning through theire 'mise-en-scene.'
- This is a french term for the staging/visual arrangement of a dramatic production. it is also used in film- making for the stageing of the action in front of the camera
- The arrangement of performers and properties on a stage for a theatrical production or before the camera in a film.
- A stage setting/scenery of a play/film
- physical environment; surroundings